STEM (Science, Maths, Computing, D&T)
STEM is a curriculum based on the idea of educating pupils in the four specific disciplines - Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics - in an interdisciplinary and applied approach.
STEM aligns with the way children’s minds learn and work and the best way to foster a love of STEM is to encourage curiosity. Children should be encouraged to question, to explore and to play.
Through our STEM provision, we strive to ensure every child has the opportunity to explore, play and problem solve through an integrated, cross-curricular approach. Making explicit links between STEM and the children’s day-to-day lives.
· Raising, even further, the engagement and enjoyment of our children in these subjects.
· Finding innovative ways to incorporate technology across the curriculum.
· Empowering children to support each other to use different digital technologies in their learning, for example, green screens, apps, micro-bits, data logging, Purple Mash and many more.
· Enabling children to begin to see how the skills and knowledge they gain in one STEM subject can be transferred to another.
· Increasing our engagement with industry based STEM partners.
· Providing careers awareness activities for our children to help them begin to be aware of future career opportunities.