The humanities curriculum at Lakeside allows children to investigate and understand the world in which they live.
Through the Geography, History and Religious Education curriculums they will learn and develop:
· understanding of chronology
· understanding local history and geography
· that they live in a city, county, country and how they are connected to the rest of the UK/world.
· world religions / religions in local community/within our school
· the different cultures in the local area, UK and wider world
· to use their personal experiences in their learning and to support others to understand.
· inspiration for their future – to go and visit, see, explore the world
· map reading skills
· environmental impact – climate change– changes over time on the environment
· to recognise the links between the humanities - when people lives, where people live and how they live
· create opportunities to discuss, debate and reason
For more detailed information about each subjects curriculum, visit the subject webpage: